Monday, November 29, 2010

A bump in the road

I was so motivated and excited to get moving on my "yikes, I'm 30!" goals, when BAM!


100.4 degree fever.  After having a horrible flu less than a month ago (beginning on Halloween, actually) I could not believe that I was sick AGAIN!

It was the strangest bug, too!  Without getting into too many details, I woke up early (around 7am on a Sunday!) with excruciating pain in my face and jaw - which led me to believe I had a sinus infection.  Somehow I managed to get back to sleep, only to be woken up a few hours later by the fever and icky body aches which totally confused my self-diagnosis.  Whatever it was, it was a huge bump in the road to getting started on my goals.


Not surprisingly, my Sunday consisted of lying in bed while twisting, turning, moaning, and groaning - and none of these activities are on The List.

After a painful Sunday and a day off of work to recuperate, I am finally feeling about 80% better.  Time to get back to The List....tomorrow. :)

-jill

PS - I actually did get started on one to-do today!  I emailed my former professor about doing some reading tutoring again in the spring.  Take that icky virus! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment