Saturday, November 27, 2010

And the List Goes On

So, I woke up this morning feeling rather overwhelmed, but inspired and ready to get moving!  I knew there was no chance I'd be able to run this morning (running outside in 20 degree weather = not my thing), so I thought I'd throw in a pilates DVD that has been gathering dust on the shelves.


"YES!!  I'm getting moving!  I'm actually following through with my goals today!" Well, that's what I thought, until...


FAIL.  There are an infinite number of places this DVD could be - including still in the DVD player that I gave away to Goodwill years ago.  Oops.

"Alright, I'm not going to let that stand in my way."  Enter:


Perfect, the DVD that came with the exercise ball we bought a year or so ago.  It was 30 minutes long, which by this time, was all the time I had before I needed to jump in the shower and get ready for some bridesmaid dress shopping with the girls.  And then...


SERIOUSLY???!!  There is no chance I knew where the cables for this DVD player were, and even if I did would I know how to set it up.  The fiance was still sleeping, and I would never live it down if I woke him up for this.

After a few minutes staring at the DVD player and wondering how I was going to get a workout in today, I gave up.  I decided to move onto something else - the goals I hadn't yet added to my list from yesterday.  (Really, more than 11?  Yes, I know - a bit excessive, but apparently there are a lot of things I want to do!).

After my post last night, I couldn't stop thinking about a few other things that are on my "life to-do list."  It was driving me crazy, so I had to write them down.  My list started like this:


Wow! 5 more items to add to my 11 previous?  As if that weren't bad enough, the list evolved (after only about 10 minutes, might I add) into:


Yikes!  Time out.  This is getting a little crazy.  No one can possibly work on all of these goals at once.  I need to prioritize - and then I need an action plan.  But before I can do that, I needed to get working on one goal - being on time.  So I jumped in the shower, grabbed a quick breakfast, and off I went out with the girls - only to be confronted with this darn blog when arriving home.



What's the saying?  Tomorrow is another day?  Yes, I think so.  Let's hope I do better tomorrow.  In the meantime, I'll be thankful for the qt I got to spend with some of my favs today.

(ps - neither are the winning dress :))
-jill

No comments:

Post a Comment