Friday, November 23, 2012

thankful

I'm baaaaack!!!

Yep, I'm a pretty horrible blogger.  I've so wanted to get into the habit of blogging at least weekly - I love following the blogs that I do, and feel like the ladies I follow have such an amazing record of their lives!  Hopefully, I'll get better.  But if not, I'm not going to sweat it!

After a great Thanksgiving holiday with my family yesterday and a week off of work, I've had a lot of time to reflect on the things that have happened this year.  While this year has certainly had it's challenges - I certainly have a LOT to be thankful for. In no particular order, here's my list of thirteen things I'm thankful for (I love alliteration!)...

1. My sweet and generous husband: Honestly, I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life!

2. My health: As I get older (almost 32 - ew!), I've learned that health CANNOT be taken for granted and I am truly thankful for a healthy body and mind.

3. Cheese: yum!

4. Our 'new' place: Okay, it's not new, but we rearranged the furniture and I can't tell you how much I love our place now.  Small changes DO make a difference.

5. My family: They rock!

6. My friends: I've been so lucky to find friends who are supportive, caring, fun, and genuine.  Love all you ladies!

7. My firsties: Man, do they tire me out everyday, but their smiling faces make it all worth it!

8. Chicago: It's such a great city, and we are lucky to live here.  (This is a reminder to start taking better advantage of it!)

9. Pizza: Many hungry and lazy nights have been saved by some D'Ags or Lou's.  Chicago pizza is the bomb.  (Yes, I just said the bomb, and No, I don't think it's 1999 - ha!)

10. Barre Bee Fit: It might seem silly to be thankful for a fitness studio, but I have to credit BBF with getting me into a real fitness routine.  I'm challenged at every class and I have BBF to thank for feeling so great!  Not to mention, I feel more confident with my body now at 31 then I ever have - that pretty much rocks.  (Thanks Nikki for introducing me!)

11. Wine: It's actually surprising that it took me to number 11 to think of wine - ha!  There is nothing better than sipping a glass of cabernet or chardonnay after a long day.  Light some candles and add in a meal homemade by the hubs and that's pretty much the perfect night.  (Yes, my life is boring and No, it doesn't bother me at all!)

12. Healthy Food: Without going into a rant here, I feel blessed and thankful that we have access to good quality food.  Many families around the country can't easily get organic and local produce in their area.  Here's to hoping that changes, and changes soon!

13. Knowledge: This may sound like a funny one, but I have learned SO much in my life, and I continue to learn new things that have a strong impact my life every single day.  Thanks to all those who are willing share what they know with the world AND for the good old world wide web.

So there it is!  13 things I'm thankful for in 30 seconds or less!  Alright, forget the last part, but hopefully this didn't get too long.  Let's hope I'll be back soon. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment